How to Talk so Kids will Listen
A bestselling book that will give you the know-how you need to be more "effective" with your children and more "supportive" of yourself. Enthusiastically praised by parents and professionals around the world, the down-to-earth, respectful approach of Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish makes relationships with children of all ages "less stressful" and" more rewarding"
Their methods of communication, illustrated with delightful cartoons showing the skills in action, offer innovative ways to solve common problems. You'll learn how to:
* Cope with your child's negative feelings, frustration, disappointment, anger, etc.
* Express your anger without being hurtful
* Engage your child's willing cooperation
* Set firm limits and still maintain goodwill
* Use alternatives to punishment
* Resolve family conflicts peacefully
by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
30th Edition - Anniversay Edition 2012
PB: 345 pages