Banish Your Body Image Thief
The body image thief is a sneaky character – if you're not careful, he'll steal away all your positive feelings about your body from your Body Image Vault, leaving only the negative ones behind.
How can you banish him? Fortify your vault with positive self-beliefs so he can't break in!
This imaginative workbook contains activities and strategies to help you build up positive thoughts, feelings and beliefs about your body.
Based on cognitive behavioural therapy principles and techniques, the activities will help you understand what body image means, what can influence your body image, how negative thoughts can affect it, and how to build self-esteem and positive beliefs.
It’s packed with the stories of other young people so you know you’re not alone, as well as with loads of activities, tips and techniques that will help you fortify your Body Image Vault and banish the thief for good!
Suitable for young people aged 10+ to work through on their own or with the help of parent or practitioner, this is an ideal resource to help young people understand and build positive body image.
1. What is Body Image?
2. Your Body Image.
3. You're Not on Your Own.
4. How a Negative Body Image Develops: Introducing the Body Image Vault and the Body Image Thief!
5. How a negative Body Image Develops: Influences.
6. How a Negative Body Image Develops: Thoughts.
7. How a Negative Body Image Develops: Feelings.
8. How a Negative Body Image Develops: Behaviours.
9. Impacts of a Negative Body Image.
10. Banishing Your Body Image Thief: An Introduction.
11. Banishing Your Body Image Thief: Managing Your Thoughts and Beliefs.
12. Banishing Your Body Image Thief: Managing Your Behaviours.
13. Body Image Dos and Don'ts.
14. Summing Up!
Appendix: The Body Image Quiz Answers. Information for Parents and Professionals. References.
Kate Collins-Donnelly has worked as a therapist, psychologist, criminologist and anger management consultant based in the UK for many years. She presently runs a successful independent consultancy practice which provides cognitive behavioural therapy, counselling, coaching and training, and is head of the Psychological and Criminological Research Division. She is the author of Starving the Anger Gremlin, Starving the Anxiety Gremlin, Starving the Stress Gremlin and Banish Your Self-Esteem Thief.
Pub 2014 UK Pbk 240 pages.